Hello there Herbivores!!! I hope you had fun doing our last recipe
Herbi– means plants vore- means one that eats (Herbivore-one that eats plants) let’s not get offended I’m a herbivore, lover of plants and you can be a herbivore too!
Adobo sa Gata: Veggie Meat Stew with coconut sauce
- Garlic (3-5 cloves)
- Whole Black Pepper (10 to 15pcs)
- Laurel Leaves (2-4 leaves)
- Banana Flowers (50g)
- Soy sauce (3-4 tbsp)
- Vinegar (3-4 tbsp)
- Sugar (2-3 tbsp)
- Coconut Milk (2-4 cups)
- Meat Substitute (600-800g)
Preparation: (20 to 30 minutes)
Fry your meat substitute (if bought in whole chop into 2-3 inches)
Chop your garlic and if you are using fresh coconut pulp, prepare that too.
Blanch your banana blossom
Cooking Time: (10-13 minutes)
- First: Saute your garlic until soft not golden brown
- Second: Add your banana flowers
- Third: Add your fried meat substitute
- Fourth: Add your soy sauce
- Fifth: Mix until all your meat substitute is fully sauced
- Sixth: Add one cup of coconut milk, after a few minutes add your other cup and mix until deep brown
- Seventh: Add your whole black peppers and laurel leaves
- Eighth: After a few minutes, add the vinegar, mix well until the coconut milk releases its natural oils.
That’s it for now, stay tuned for the next herbivore foods that we all know you love to try and cook for yourself or for the fam!
I hope you learned something from me today herbipeeps, tag me in one of your cooking adventures! TAG TAG TAG #herbipeeps #lalaluzrecipe #lalaskitchen
Remember, the best meals are shared with loved ones! Share your blessings
Note from cook: I always prepare my dishes giving thanks to where it comes from and who I’m cooking it for. A secret ingredient!
See you on the next recipe herbipeeps!
-Lots of love, HERbivore out