Hello there Herbivores!!! I hope you had fun doing our last recipe
Herbi– means plants vore- means one that eats (Herbivore-one that eats plants) let’s not get offended I’m a herbivore, lover of plants and you can be a herbivore too!
Chili Con Carne (With plant-based meat)
- Red Kidney Beans 500g (If you use canned change the water and soak overnight and if you are using a pressure cooker (30-40 minutes with 1/2 tsp of baking soda)
- Chopped and fried veggie sausage 400g
- Cubed potatoes and carrots (soak in water to keep it fresh)
- Tomato paste diluted in water 150g paste and 1 1/2 cup water
- Minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- Diced onion (2-3 bulbs)
- Chopped bell pepper (red and green for color) 1/2 cup
- Spices paprika 1/2 tbsp,
- Chili powder 1/2 tbsp
- Black pepper ground 1tsp
- Sugar 2-3 tbsp
- Salt 2-3 tbsp
- Cheese (To your liking but we used 3/4 block) 200g ( For vegan, use vegan cheese like mozzarella or cheddar something that will melt quickly through the sauce)
First: Saute garlic and onion in medium heat pan with oil (I used coconut oil)
Second: Add the sausage then the spices
Third: Add diluted tomato paste and simmer for 3-4 minutes then add the carrots and potatoes
Fourth: Add beans and then gradually add the bean water while they cook because the beans easily dry,
Fifth: Cook the beans and the tomato sauce until the oil separates, then add your sugar and salt
Sixth: Add the bell peppers, mix well and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes, add your cheese and your dish is ready
Wasn’t that so easy? This is one of the dishes that we bring to potlucks because not only the yield is good for many people, it’s healthy and yummy!
That’s it for now, stay tuned for the next herbivore foods that we all know you love to try and cook for yourself or for the fam!
I hope you learned something from me today herbipeeps, tag me in one of your cooking adventures! TAG TAG TAG #herbipeeps #lalaluzrecipe #lalaskitchen
Remember, the best meals are shared with loved ones! Share your blessings 😉
Note from cook: I always prepare my dishes giving thanks to where it comes from and who I’m cooking it for. A secret ingredient!
See you on the next recipe herbipeeps!
-Lots of love, HERbivore out