Hello there Herbivores!!! I hope you had fun doing our last recipe
Herbi– means plants vore- means one that eats (Herbivore-one that eats plants) let’s not get offended I’m a herbivore, lover of plants and you can be a herbivore too!
- 500g meat substitute (cut into rectangles and fried or baked)
- 50g cubed ginger
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 medium diced onion
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml pineapple juice
- 100ml water
- 150g banana ketcup
- 4-6 whole black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar
- 3-5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2-3 medium cubed sweet potato (fried)
Optional: Shitake mushrooms 1/4 cup chopped and fried
To start, fry your meat substitute and sweet potatoes.
- First, in a hot pan sauté your ginger, garlic, and onion until half cooked.
- Second, add your tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Third add your meat substitute, mix then add the pineapple juice and water, then mix and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Fourth, add your banana ketchup, mix until color is evenly seen in the meat substitute. (You may add your shitake mushrooms here)
- Fifth add your spices, the soy sauce, whole black peppers and sugar, mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Sixth, add your sweet potatoes, mix well until the sauce is spread out evenly.
When serving you can garnish with leeks or onion leaves. Our dish is done!
That’s it for now, stay tuned for the next herbivore foods that we all know you love to try and cook for yourself or for the fam!
I hope you learned something from me today herbipeeps, tag me in one of your cooking adventures! TAG TAG TAG #herbipeeps #lalaluzrecipe #lalaskitchen
Remember, the best meals are shared with loved ones! Share your blessings 😉
Note from cook: I always prepare my dishes giving thanks to where it comes from and who I’m cooking it for. A secret ingredient!
See you on the next recipe herbipeeps!
-Lots of love, HERbivore out