Herbi– means plants vore- means one that eats (Herbivore-one that eats plants) let’s not get offended I’m a herbivore, lover of plants and you can be a herbivore too!
Vegan Ginataan Puso ng Saging (Banana Blossom in Coconut Cream)
2-5 ginger slices
1-2 medium onions chopped
1-2 Red Chili pepper
1-2 Green Chili pepper chopped
1-2 2 stalks of lemon grass
Banana Blossom 2-3 medium heads chopped and mashed in salt
Coconut Cream 2 1/2 cup second wash
Coconut Cream 1 1/2 cup first wash
- On a medium hot pan add 2-3 tbsp of coconut cream, add the ginger
- Add your lemon grass stalks and onions
- Add the banana blossom mix well
- Add the 2 1/2 cup of second wash coconut milk for fresh, but for canned simply add
- Boil in medium heat until the banana blossoms have cooked through and the coconut cream is almost gone
- Add the 1 1/2 cup first wash coconut milk
- Add your peppers and sugar
- Serve hot with lots of rice!
(For a spicier version sauté the red chili peppers and crush them with the ginger)
That’s it for now, stay tuned for the next herbivore foods that we all know you love to try and cook for yourself or for the fam!
I hope you learned something from me today herbipeeps, tag me in one of your cooking adventures! TAG TAG TAG #herbipeeps #lalaluzrecipe #lalaskitchen
Remember, the best meals are shared with loved ones! Share your blessings 😉
Note from cook: I always prepare my dishes giving thanks to where it comes from and who I’m cooking it for. A secret ingredient!
See you on the next recipe herbipeeps!
-Lots of love, HERbivore out